Terms & Conditions Relating to the Payment of School Fees
- Tuition Fees and Building Levy are set each year by the Diocesan Schools Board.
- All school fees are billed on an annual basis and represent the annual financial obligation. Fees are due and payable by the date stated. Non-payment of school fees can result in an enrolment being suspended. The due dates for payment will be clearly identified on the invoice at the beginning of the school year.
- Sibling discounts are not automatic and must be applied for by completing, signing and submitting the Family Registration form available from the Accounts Department at the College.
- Fees are payable by cash, cheque, BPay, EFTPOS, credit card (Visa & MasterCard only) or direct debit (form available from the Accounts Department at the College).
- Please note our preferred payment method for any credit/debit card payments is Qkr by MasterCard. Qkr will accept payment using any credit/debit card (except American Express) and is a secure phone app for making school payments from a mobile phone. Alternatively the Qkr web client is available for those not wanting to complete transactions from their mobile phone. Further info is available at www.matermaria.nsw.edu.au/qkr .
- Families may make arrangements to alter the standard payment terms. Payments may be altered to yearly, monthly or fortnightly. Application should be made within the first two weeks of Term 1. The appropriate form is available from the Accounts Department at the College.
- If more than one account is to be issued per family, written approval of all parties involved must be obtained - please email the Accounts Department for details. Note: Both parents/caregivers are responsible for payment of the fees unless the official application has been received by the Accounts Department.
- In case of genuine financial hardship, families should apply to the Principal, through the Business Manager, for consideration. In the first instance, please contact/email the Business Manager for the necessary detailed application.
Eligibility for Sibling Discount
The first child is the child in the family who is in the most senior class of any systemic school in the Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay (some exceptions do apply). Second and subsequent children are defined in descending order of class seniority of children attending any systemic Catholic School in the Diocese of Broken Bay. Sibling Discounts on Tuition Fees are available on application to the Accounts Department at the College.
Discounts are available for siblings attending diocesan systemic schools within this diocese on the following scale:
- Second child 20% discount
- Third child 50% discount
- Fourth child 100% discount
Mater Maria Catholic College sets its own school-based charges. These cover such items as curriculum resources, incursions, excursions and outdoor education camps, reflection day and/or retreat, sport levies and general sport expenses, cleaning of the College and associated grounds maintenance, security and other College needs.
Additional Course Fees
This fee covers additional charges to students electing to study more costly subjects which involve consumables and resources.
Schedule of Fees (2017)
Tuition Fees (as set by the Diocesan Schools' Board)
|Per Annum First Child||Per Annum Second Child||Per Annum Third Child|
Per Student Fee
|Per Annum College-based Charge|
|Per Family||Per Annum|
|Diocesan School Building Levy||$940.00|
|Parents & Friends Association Levy||$130.00|
Additional Course Fees - Stage 5
|Per Annum||Year 9||Year 10|
|Industrial Technology - Electronics||$140.00||$140.00|
|Industrial Technology - Wood||$70.00||$70.00|
Additional Course Fees - Stage 6
|Per Annum||Year 11||Year 12|
|Industrial Technology - Electronics||$140.00||* $140.00|
|Industrial Technology - Furniture & Timber Products||$70.00||* $70.00|
|Music 1 & 2 (HSC Practical)||$400.00|
|Open High School||$800.00||$800.00|
|TAFE Courses||Refer to the Business Manager||Refer to the Business Manager|
|* Plus the cost of the major project|
|Co-Curricular Music Ensembles||Per Annum|
|Co-Curricular Music Ensembles/Bands||* $285.00|
|* Per ensemble|